Unit T: BIG Question Part 1a.
- What is this video about?
This video gives a thorough explanation for the reason that sine and cosine have a period of 2pi, whereas tangent has a period of simply pi. With this information and knowledge, one will be able to understand why the graphs (whether they are parent graphs or shifted graphs) of sine, cosine, and tangent look as they do.
- What does the viewer need to pay special attention to in order to understand the concept?
Pay attention to the importance of the Unit Circle and how that relates to why the pattern of the periods are the way they are.
Unit T: BIG Question Part 1b.
- What is this video about?
This video goes over how sine and cosine have amplitudes of 1 and why the other trig function do not have amplitudes. I do cover asymptotes as well so that is basic review from previous units. The Unit Circle will be very prominent as far as amplitudes and asymptotes go.
- What does the viewer need to pay special attention to in order to understand the concept?
When I say "You'd think their graphs would look the same..." I am comparing the cotangent parent graph to the tangent parent graph. [7:38 of the video]. Moreover, when describing cotangent I say "amplitudes" but I really meant to say "asymptotes." Lastly, please do pay special attention to how the Unit Circle relates to the parent graphs of each trig function - I did show it many times and mentioned it countless times for a reason!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment